Residents living in unincorporated Palm Beach County will not have waste collection services on Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, Nov. 25) or Christmas Day, (Saturday, Dec 25) as all Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County (SWA) facilities will be closed.
There will be no makeup collection day for garbage, recycling, yard waste or bulk waste. However, with increase of garbage around the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, there are special holiday provisions in the collections contract for residents living in unincorporated Palm Beach County:
- On the Friday, Saturday and Monday following Thanksgiving, and from Dec. 26 through Jan. 1, excess garbage can be placed outside of the standardized SWA garbage cart at the curb for pick up
- Excess garbage placed outside of the standardized SWA garbage cart must be properly secured in plastic bags weighing less than 50 pounds when filled
- All waste should still be placed curbside by 6 a.m.
- Oversized or excess carboard may be placed beside the yellow recycle bin for collection
- The packing material must be removed
- Remains limited to 6 cubic yards on the next yard waste collection day
- Remains limited to 3 items at the curb on the next bulk waste collection day
There will be normal scheduled collection services for unincorporated residents on Christmas Eve (Friday, Dec. 24) and New Year's Eve (Friday, Dec. 31). While the SWA’s administrative offices will be closed, a limited number of Customer Service team members will be available to assist residents with any garbage or recyclable collection questions or concerns. SWA Customer Service can be reached at 561-697-2700 or 866-792-4636.
More information on holiday collection can be found online, as can additional information about SWA facilities and hours. Residents in unincorporated Palm Beach County can always see their updated collection schedule, set reminders, and sign up for collection information by clicking the “My Pick-Up Days” button at SWA.org.
Residents who live in one of Palm Beach County’s 39 municipalities should contact their municipality directly for their holiday collection schedule. A list of municipal contacts can be found online.