Live in unincorporated Palm Beach County? Garbage, recyclables and yard waste will be collected on Memorial Day, Monday, May 31, for residents and businesses in unincorporated Palm Beach County. Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County disposal facilities are open and haulers in unincorporated Palm Beach County will run their regular routes. Residents should place all garbage, recyclables and yard waste curbside by 6 a.m.
While SWA administrative offices will be closed, a limited number of Customer Service team members will be available to assist residents with any garbage or recyclable collection questions or concerns. SWA Customer Service can be reached at 561-697-2700 or 866-792-4636.
Residents in unincorporated Palm Beach County can always see their updated collection schedule, set reminders, and sign up for collection information by clicking the “My Pick-Up Days” link at the top of SWA.org.
Live in one of Palm Beach County’s 39 municipalities? Contact your municipality directly for their holiday collection schedule. A list of municipal contacts can be found online.
There are only two observed holidays during which residents in unincorporated Palm Beach County will not receive garbage service:
- Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov. 25, 2021
- Christmas Day, Saturday, Dec. 25, 2021
There will be normal scheduled collection services for unincorporated residents on the following holidays:
- Independence Day – Monday, July 5, 2021 (SWA Administration Observed)
- Labor Day – Monday, Sept. 6, 2021
- Veteran’s Day – Thursday, Nov. 11, 2021
- Christmas Eve – Friday, Dec. 24, 2021 (SWA Administration Observed)
- New Year's Eve – Friday, Dec. 31, 2021 (SWA Administration Observed)
- New Year’s Day – Saturday, Jan. 1, 2022
More information on holiday collection can be found online, as can additional information about SWA facilities and hours.
REMINDER: June 1 is the start of hurricane season. Hurricane season preparations can help minimize property damage and make our communities safer. Once a storm threatens, it’s too late to trim trees, so now is the time to complete major vegetation trimming.
The Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County is a Dependent Special District that was created by the Florida Legislature in 1975. Since then, the SWA has developed an award-winning integrated solid waste management system to handle the county’s waste and recyclables. We call ourselves AWAY: whether you throw it, recycle it or flush it AWAY, we put your waste to work. Each year, we:
- Process more than 100,000 tons of recyclables each year
- Combust approximately 1.8 million tons of trash each year to generate electricity at renewable energy facilities
- Produce enough electricity to power approximately 74,000 homes, about the number of homes in Boca Raton and Palm Beach Gardens
- Recycle more than 150,000 tons of wastewater treatment residuals (sludge from flushes) into environmentally-friendly fertilizer
- Safely dispose of more than 4 million pounds of home hazards a year
- Collect water off of the roofs of Renewable Energy Facility 2 and store it in a 2 million gallon cistern, which is used as part of the energy making process
With the recent changes to the SWA’s website, anyone can now sign up to receive SWA news, calendar updates, jobs, or other Web postings of interest by signing up online. Should you sign up online to receive SWA’s news releases, we can remove you from this distribution by sending a REMOVE reply to this email.