Live in unincorporated Palm Beach County? There is no garbage service and all Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County facilities are closed on Christmas Day (Friday, Dec. 25). There is no makeup collection day for garbage, recycling, yard waste or bulk waste for this holiday.
There will be normal scheduled collection services for unincorporated residents on Christmas Eve (Thursday, Dec. 24), New Year's Eve (Thursday, Dec. 31), and New Year’s Day (Friday, Jan. 1, 2021). While SWA administrative offices will be closed Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day, a limited number of Customer Service team members will be available to assist residents with any garbage or recyclable collection questions or concerns. SWA Customer Service can be reached at 561-697-2700, 866-792-4636 or ContactCIS@SWA.org.
More information on holiday collection can be found online, as can additional information about SWA facilities and hours.
There are special holiday collection provisions in the unincorporated collections contract, including:
Garbage properly secured in plastic bags will be collected outside of the cart:
- Following Christmas Day from Dec. 26, 2020 - Jan. 1, 2021
- Residents still should place all debris normally collected on these days curbside by 6 a.m.
- Oversized or excess cardboard will be collected outside the yellow recycle bin
- Remains limited to 6 cubic yards of yard waste at the curb on the next scheduled yard waste collection day. (This still provides a resident to remove more than 300 cubic yards of yard waste per year, while only being assessed disposal for 6 cubic yards a year)
- Remains limited to 3 items at the curb for the next scheduled bulk waste collection day.
County residents that live in one of Palm Beach County’s 39 municipalities should contact their municipality directly for their holiday collection schedule. A list of municipal contacts can be found online.
County residents in unincorporated Palm Beach County can always see their updated collection schedule, set reminders, and sign up for collection information by clicking the “My Pick-Up Days” button at SWA.org.