Garbage, recyclables and yard waste will be collected on Veterans Day, Wednesday, Nov. 11, for residents and businesses in unincorporated Palm Beach County. Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County disposal facilities are open and haulers in unincorporated Palm Beach County will run their regular routes. Residents should place all garbage, recyclables and yard waste curbside by 6 a.m.
In unincorporated Palm Beach County:
- Garbage is collected twice a week. All garbage should be placed inside the SWA garbage cart for collection, no bags outside cart will be collected.
- Bulk material is collected once a week and is limited to three (3) items per week
- Yard waste is collected once a week and is limited to a total of six (6) cubic yards curbside. Any yard waste material totaling more than six (6) cubic yards curbside will be tagged and not collected.
Residents in unincorporated Palm Beach County can always see their updated collection schedule, set reminders, and sign up for collection information by clicking the “My Pick-Up Days” button at SWA.org.
Residents residing within city limits should contact their municipality directly for their holiday collection schedule. Municipal contacts are available on the SWA website.
While SWA administrative offices will be closed, a limited number of Customer Service team members will be available to assist residents with any garbage or recyclable collection questions or concerns. SWA Customer Service can be reached at 561-697-2700 or 866-792-4636.
There are only two observed holidays during which residents in unincorporated Palm Beach County will not receive garbage service:
- Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov. 26, 2020
- Christmas Day, Friday, Dec. 25, 2020
There will be normal scheduled collection services for unincorporated residents on the following holidays for the rest of the year:
- Christmas Eve, Thursday, Dec. 24, 2020
- New Year's Eve, Thursday Dec. 31, 2020
- New Year’s Day, Friday, Jan. 1, 2021
Visit the SWA website for more information on holiday collection.
The Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County is a Dependent Special District that was created by the Florida Legislature in 1975. Since then, the SWA has developed an award-winning integrated solid waste management system to handle the county’s waste and recyclables. We call ourselves AWAY: whether you throw it, recycle it or flush it AWAY, we put your waste to work. Each year, we:
- Process more than 100,000 tons of recyclables each year
- Burn approximately 1.8 million tons of trash each year to generate electricity at renewable energy facilities
- Produce enough electricity to power approximately 74,000 homes
- Recycle more than 150,000 tons of wastewater treatment residuals (sludge from flushes) into environmentally-friendly fertilizer
- Safely dispose of more than 4.1 million pounds of home hazards a year
- Collect water off of the roofs of Renewable Energy Facility 2 and store it in a 2 million gallon cistern, which is used as part of the energy making process
With the recent changes to the SWA’s website, anyone can now sign up to receive SWA news, calendar updates, jobs, or other Web postings of interest by signing up online. Should you sign up online to receive SWA’s news releases, we can remove you from this distribution by sending a REMOVE reply to this email.
Connect with the Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County - www.SWA.org