The Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County will be holding a series of Small/Local/Minority/Women Business Enterprise Stakeholder Group Meetings to which all persons are invited.
During these meetings, community business stakeholders and SWA staff will engage as consultative and collaborative partners to:
- Review and comment upon the SWA’s Disparity Study findings and recommendations
- Provide feedback on recommended policy options that will be presented to the SWA Governing Board
The goal is to ensure that all segments of the SWA’s business population have an equitable opportunity to participate in the SWA’s procurement practices.
The meeting dates, times and locations are:
- Wednesday, April 11 – Kickoff Meeting
9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
SWA Administration Auditorium
7501 N. Jog Road in West Palm Beach
**NOTE: This kickoff meeting will also be broadcast by Adobe Connect webinar. Log onto https://swa.adobeconnect.com/swacontract. You must first download the application on your computer, tablet or mobile device before using Adobe Connect. Detailed instructions are given at the end of this meeting announcement.
- Thursday, April 19; Tuesday, April 24; Monday, April 30
Time TBD at the April 11 Kickoff Meeting
SWA Education Center
6751 N. Jog Road in West Palm Beach
**NOTE: These meetings will NOT be broadcast by Adobe Connect webinar.
A copy of the agenda may be obtained by writing at:
Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County
Attn: Colleen Robbs
7501 N. Jog Road
West Palm Beach, FL 33412
or by calling 561-640-4000 ext. 4529.
To attend the Kickoff Meeting by Adobe Connect, it is best to download the application before the meeting. The process takes a minute or two.
- Click https://swa.adobeconnect.com/swacontract
- If Adobe Connect is not installed on your computer, click “Download Now” to download the application
- If a security warning comes up click “Proceed.” You don’t need administrative approval
- Click on the “ConnectSetup.exe” for PC then click “run” or “AdobeConnect.dmg” for Mac
- Once installation is complete, click your preferred option
- If the application doesn’t launch automatically, click the “Open-URL:Adobe Connect” button, or Go back to original link and sign in.
Adobe Connect User Guide: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/using/topics.html