What: America Recycles Day Celebration
Where: SWA Education Center, 6751 N. Jog Road in West Palm Beach
When: Saturday, Nov. 18 from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
More Information: SWA.org/ARD
What better way to celebrate America Recycles Day than by watching your garbage get recycled into energy, protecting your identity by shredding personal documents, and safely recycling or disposing of household hazardous wastes?
The Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County invites families to its Education Center (6751 N. Jog Road in West Palm Beach) on Saturday, Nov. 18, 2017, from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. for a family-friendly recycling adventure.
Palm Beach County residents will have the opportunity to sort recyclables on the interactive touch table line in the LEED Platinum Education Center, see the 9-ton claw feed trash into the machine in Renewable Energy Facility 2, experience the complex recycling processes at the Recovered Materials Processing Facility, and be witness to how much garbage Palm Beach County residents actually throw AWAY!
FREE PAPER SHRED
SafeGuard Document Destruction will be onsite to shred up to 6 boxes of personal documents per vehicle for FREE.
The Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County will be handing out blue and yellow recycling bins for FREE to Palm Beach County residents who need them.
Participants can also drop off a nonperishable food item to be donated to the Palm Beach County Food Bank. The list of most needed food items is:
- Hot or cold cereal
- Canned stew and chili
- Canned fruit
- Peanut butter
- Canned meats (tuna, salmon, chicken)
- Canned vegetables
- 100% juice - cans or plastic
- Shelf-stable milk
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE DROP-OFF
Palm Beach County residents can safely get rid of their home chemicals for proper recycling or disposal at the SWA’s Home Chemical and Recycling Center, 6161 N. Jog Road in West Palm Beach (just 1 mile south of event) from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., safeguarding our environment.
Palm Beach County residents can safely dispose of their old:
NOTE: No needles or old or unwanted prescription medications will be accepted.
Directions to the Event:
- From the Turnpike: take Exit 107 Beeline Highway (SR 710). Make a LEFT (South) on N. Jog Road. Cross the Beeline Highway. Follow signs to the event, which will be on your right.
- From I-95 North: take Exit 76 - Blue Heron Boulevard (SR 708) and head WEST. Cross Military Trail. Pass the VA Hospital. MERGE right onto the Beeline Highway. Make a LEFT (South) on N. Jog Road. Follow signs to the event, which will be on your right.
- From I-95 South: take Exit 74 - 45th Street (CR 702) and head WEST. Cross Military Trail and Haverhill Road and the Turnpike overpass. Follow signs to the event, which will be on your left.
America Recycles Day, a program of Keep America Beautiful, is a nationally-recognized day dedicated to promoting and celebrating recycling in the United States. Every year on or around Nov. 15 (America Recycles Day) event organizers educate neighbors, friends and colleagues through thousands of events nationwide.