For SWA Employees
All SWA facilities will operate as normal on Tuesday July 6 and all employees should report as usual.
To stay up to date on SWA closures, you can:
- Call: 561-640-4000 and listen to the employee message (if activated)
- Visit the SWA Hurricane Website: SWA.org/Hurricane
- Call: your supervisor directly
- Watch for employee text messages
- Facebook - facebook.com/SolidWasteAuthority
- Twitter - twitter.com/SWAPBC
- Instagram - instagram.com/swapbc/
- YouTube - youtube.com/user/SolidWasteAuthority
National Hurricane Center (NHC): www.nhc.noaa.gov/
National Weather Service (NWS): www.weather.gov/
NHC Preparedness: www.weather.gov/safety/hurricane-plan
Red Cross – Hurricane Preparedness: www.redcross.org/get-help/how-to-prepare-for-emergencies/types-of-emergencies/hurricane.html
Once a Storm Is Named
Palm Beach County's Division of Emergency Management's Emergency Operations Center is at Level IV - Normal Operations. Learn how to prepare your family by visiting www.ReadyPBC.org.
Get the PBC Dart app for:
Do not cut down trees or do major yard work once Palm Beach County is in the cone of uncertainty. There is not enough equipment or manpower to handle additional material before the storm makes landfall.
Watch a short video from SWA for safety tips»
Learn more about what do during and after a storm»
Learn more from the National Hurricane Center»
Before a Storm Occurs
From PBC Emergency Management: Know your zone!
- Make a plan (with your family, and include your pets)
- Build a kit (for your household)
- Get involved (volunteer)
- Be informed (connect)
All major cutting of vegetation (i.e., tree removal) should be completed long before June 1, the beginning of hurricane season. Do all major cutting/tree removal from December 1 through April 30.
Learn more from the Florida State Emergency Management»