Bulk and Minor Home Repair

Bulk items and debris from minor home repairs are collected one (1) time per week.


In unincorporated Palm Beach County, bulk item pick up is provided once a week and limited to 3 items on your scheduled bulk collection day. Should more than 3 items be placed at the curb, the hauler will remove 3 items and should tag the remaining items explaining that there is a 3-item limit for bulk items each week..

Place items like appliances, furniture and large household items that do not fit in the cart at the curb, making sure that nothing is stacked on top of water or gas meters, under low branches or utility wires, or within 3 feet of mail boxes or fire hydrants. 

For safety reasons, please:

  • Remove or seal doors on all appliances such as refrigerators, freezers, washers and dryers so that children cannot crawl inside and become trapped. 
  • Small patio tables or bistro tables (framed in) are considered bulk waste and will be collected curbside.
  • Items such as sliding glass doors, wall mirrors or windows, etc. are considered construction debris and need to be broken up and placed inside a garbage cart or container. A resident has three (3) options for removal, (1) wearing personal safety equipment wrap the glass in a blanket type material, break the glass and safely place in a container, (2) call the SWA for an estimate to have the material removed, or (3) deliver the material to an SWA disposal facility and pay the fee of $55 per ton. (cash only)

Construction Debris 

Construction debris (C&D) from minor home repairs is limited to 2 cubic yards weekly. All such material must be containerized in containers weighing less than 50 pounds when filled, with the exception of carpeting. Carpeting must be cut to 4-foot pieces, rolled and secured into bundles weighing less than 50 pounds.

Bulk and C&D that does not meet these guidelines will not be collected. If there is more than three bulk items, call the SWA for an estimate to have the items removed. It is the residents’ responsibility to either modify how the waste is set out so that it meets the guidelines, or transport it to the Customer Convenience Drop-Off Center at the SWA landfill on N. Jog Road or an SWA transfer station, which does incur a disposal fee (cash only). 

Learn more about bringing construction debris to an SWA facility.